Skip to content
- Jon Page, Pulpit Minister. Jon began his work as the pulpit minister on the staff of University at the beginning of 2023. Originally hailing from Hamilton, Ontario, he relocated to Searcy, Arkansas in 1997 to attend Harding University, where he completed his studies at the Harding School of Biblical Studies and earned a Bachelor’s degree. Following his education, Jon commenced his ministerial career as a preacher in Mayo, Florida, prior to accepting the position of Youth and Family Minister in Bowie, Texas in 2002. After 13 years of service in that role, he transitioned to his current position in 2015 as a full-time pulpit minister. Jon and his wife, Salli, are the proud parents of two children.
- Chris Roberts, Student Minister. Chris began his work as the student minister for University in the summer of 2018. Chris is a longtime member of University, having grown up here before graduating from Canyon High School. During his tenure at West Texas A&M University, he was a student leader at Buffs for Christ. Following his graduation from WTAMU, Chris taught math and physics for a decade, including nine years at Canyon High School. Chris and his wife, Kaylee, are the proud parents of one son and are also licensed foster care providers.
- Chris Elkins, Associate Youth Minister. Chris joined the staff at University as our Associate Youth Minister in fall 2022. Chris is from Burleson. In 2018, he moved to Lubbock where he attended Lubbock Christian University. He graduated from LCU in fall 2021 with a Bachelor of Arts in Youth and Family Ministry. While at LCU, he met Sara Hill and they married in the fall of 2022.
- Chance Herron, Buffs for Christ Director. Chance began studying at West Texas A&M University in 2014, majoring in Agriculture Education. He participated in many events and activities with Buffs for Christ and eventually worked as a Student Intern under Director Kent Mereness. After graduating from WTAMU in 2017, he became interested in Youth Ministry. In 2018, he began working part-time as a middle school minister for the Colonies Church of Christ in Amarillo, and then as a full-time Youth & Family Minister for the Boyd Church of Christ from 2019 to 2021. He returned to Buffs for Christ as Associate Minister in August 2021. In November of the same year, he got married to Kara. He served as an Interim Director before being named the Buffs for Christ Director in 2023.
- Sean Pullen, Worship Coordinator. Sean began his work as University’s worship minister in 2013, when he moved to Canyon to join the faculty at West Texas A&M University. He grew up in League City, Texas, is a graduate of Clear Creek High School, and holds a Bachelor of Music Education and Master of Music (Conducting) from the University of Houston, and a Doctorate of Musical Arts (Conducting) from Claremont Graduate University. He has served with the South Houston Bible Institute, West University Church of Christ, Inland Valley Church of Christ, Clear Lake Church of Christ, Southwest Central Church of Christ, and the University Church of Christ in Abilene, Texas. Sean and his wife Amanda have two children.
- Susan Clayton, Church Secretary. Susan and her husband John, along with their two children, moved to Canyon during the summer of 2008. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies from Lubbock Christian University and has over 20 years of experience in both public and private education. Susan has been serving as the church secretary since the summer of 2017.
- Renée Boehning, Church Bookkeeper.
- Tori Cox, Buffs for Christ Secretary. Tori has recently assumed the full-time role of secretary for Buffs for Christ, after previously holding the position part-time while also serving as the director of the University’s Mother’s Day Out program. Tori, along with her husband Ryan, enjoys spending time with their four daughters, tending to their goat barn, and exploring the great outdoors.