Wednesday Night Announcements – May 9, 2018
Recent Prayer Requests
- We are saddened to announce the passing of Lee Barlow in a car accident yesterday. Prayers for Gigi and his family during this time. Service information is pending.
- Jeff Reid is having surgery tomorrow morning at MD Anderson Hospital in Houston. He will be there approximately one week. Prayers are appreciated and he will give more information when available
- Brennan Allen, nephew of Monty Robinson and Susan Allen, recovering from scoliosis surgery
- Law Enforcement and first responders
- Randy Allison, Anita Robinson and Lillian Sullivan, cancer patients
Congratulations to Helen Essary-Clark, who was baptized Wednesday evening, May 2! We are so thrilled to welcome Helen into our family in Christ!
Letter of Intent Invitations: Rachel Jones & Ayse Allison
- Rachel Jones will be signing her Athletic Letter of Intent to run cross country for Lyon College in Batesville, Arkansas at 4 pm Thursday (Tomorrow!) at the CHS upper commons. We invite all to share in this event.
- You are invited to witness Ayse Allison signing her Letter of Intent to run for Division I Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tennessee. Please join us at her reception on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 from 4-5 p.m. in the Canyon High Commons to enjoy Nashville GooGoo Clusters, Tennessee Moon Pies and tamed Texas Tea!
Dylan R. Douglass will graduate from Abilene Christian University on Saturday, May 12, with a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology with emphasis in Health Promotions and a Minor in Nutrition. Congratulations to Dylan and the Douglass family on this accomplishment!
Thank You Notes
Dear Church Family,
Any ivy is an easy to maintain plant, very forgiving, and long-lived. I’m sure it has a lesson for me as a Christian: not fussy, not showy, forgiving, continually growing. Thank you for sending it to my Mother’s funeral. I will treasure it.
Thank you for the quilt and happy wishes as we get closer to the wedding day!
Dillon Heiman and Alyssa Lang
Dear University church of Christ,
Thank you for the beautiful Bird Nest Fern with pink carnations for the visitation and funeral of Norma Jean Tomlinson Williams. We are grateful for all the prayers and delicious food provided during this difficult time. Our mother considered UCC as her childhood and young adult church family. The church helped to instill within her faith, values, beliefs and love, that all molded her into the Christian mother and lady she was.
In Christian Love,
The Norma Jean Tomlinson Williams Family
(Dale, Cherri, Mark, Briton, Adrian and Amanda)
Canyon Church Family,
Thank y’all so much for making us a quilt. That was so thoughtful and such a sweet gift. Thank you for thinking about us during this new chapter in our lives!
Morgan Donaway & Jayden Parker